Thursday, February 18, 2016

OLDish





photo by Corey Balazowich





Essay writing at it's finest:

It is my birthday today, so I get to write whatever I want AND pick a favorite random quote (or two).  (Then again, I do make the rules here.  So this isn't so extraordinary.)
 
I was on a plane ride home yesterday.  I'm not a great flyer.  I don't enjoy it.  I'm a little bit nervous.  I like people, I don't like people.  I like to use a normal sized restroom.  I feel like I can't relax.  I believe in seat belts, but don't always want to wear them.

Life is like---yes, a box of chocolates, #1 you never know what you're going to get, and, #2 always spit out the bad stuff---but it is also like a plane ride.  Right down to the 'put your own oxygen mask on before helping someone else' bit.  Case in point:  Pay your own way, watch for warning lights, bring something to read (ever learning), enjoy the view(!),  it's not all about the destination but the journey too, and if you're tired, sleep.  There are highs, and there are lows.  You can fly, and you can land.

It's this simple.  When you're young you think about presents on your birthday, when you're middle ground you think 'Queen for the Day,' when old(ish), you pontificate about life.







Principle in the type:  "The dance steps require discipline, but the joy of the dance will be experienced only when we come to hear the music."      Wilford W. Andersen


                                                                                                          and








Principle (not exactly) in the type:  "Crown molding, wasted on the young."  Amy Poehler 





     













No comments:

Post a Comment