Friday, April 22, 2016

THE ARTIST FORMERLY AND STILL KNOWN AS PRINCE





photo by PeterTea








The talented Prince.  (His best song per me was Cream.)   57 is too young. 

Besides his own music, "Prince was famous for having writing, instrumental, or production credits on other artists' albums."  Looking at deep cuts, BuzzFeed found a winner.   Maybe this will be in the news everywhere by tomorrow, but Prince wrote Donald Trump (Black Version) performed on a 1990 album by R&B/funk group, The Time.   (Called Morris Day and The Time by the time they were in the Prince film, Purple Rain.)    I mean, good stuff, right?     

R.I.P. Prince Nelson.  Thanks for sharing your talent.



                               




Principle in the type:  "Creative work is not a selfish act on the part of the actor.  It's a gift to the world and every being in it.  Don't cheat us out of your contribution.  Give us what you've got."         Steven Pressfield                     


 













                                                                                         blessed weekend, peeps!

1 comment:

  1. I grew up in Minnesota, and I remember my family pointing out Paisley Park to me whenever we were anywhere near it. :)

    ReplyDelete