Thursday, January 21, 2016

EASY FEELING






photo by Steve Alexander





Glenn Frey passed away Monday, at 67 years of age.  R.I.P.        

Personally it shakes me a little, like this article says, because frankly the Eagles were literally "the anthem" of the kids just ahead of me in school.  "One of the best selling bands of all time," (link) --by the way.    It's a longer post today because I walked a bit down memory lane.  Thank you, Glenn Frey for that.                

When I went to an Eagles' concert a few years back, I remember Frey saying he always saw their music, being all about the harmony.  The band's signature even.  He also cracked, "For the record, we never broke up ... we just took a 14 year vacation."  Ha!   They played this song (video below).  It's newer.  I thought it was very Eagle'y, and lovely.  The video's slide show rounds today's thoughts out. 

((And click here if you need Hotel California in all it's glory.  This one, it's real good.   Freakin love this song.  The Hub's fav ... and he's right, it's gold.))

Always important to me in my old-days-music:  Who I thought was cutest in a band.  In the Eagles? --Joe Walsh.                       But for now, Glenn has all our hearts.



          

                               





Principle in the type:  "We learn the dance steps with our minds, but we hear the music with our hearts."       Wilford W. Andersen     

















No comments:

Post a Comment